BDAG (was RE: BAGD2)

Steven Craig Miller scmiller at www.plantnet.com
Mon Nov 29 16:35:40 EST 1999

To: James Ernest,

<< If I recall correctly, the new edition will be referred to as BDAG (not
to quibble, but most people nutty enough to study Greek also care about
getting their abbreviations right).  At least, that's the way Prof. Danker
refers to it. >>

What a hoot! Obviously, I had overlooked that. Although, now that you've
mentioned it, one might recall that in Danker's "Multipurpose Tools" he
noted that BAAR (the German edition by Baurer, Aland & Aland, and Viktor
Reichmann) was, by Rykle Borger, referred to as BRAA, in favor of
Reichmann's vast input. <g> I guess the acronym BDAG has been coined on the
same principle.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller at www.plantnet.com

"O villain! thou wilt be condemned into everlasting redemption for this"
(Shakespare, "Much Ado About Nothing", 4.2.60-61).