Mark 11:25-26

David A Bielby dbielby at juno.com
Fri Nov 26 10:26:15 EST 1999

I'm looking at Mark 11:26's term AFIETE. Present Active Indicative....I'm
wondering about the correct application of the Present Active Indicative
in this verse.  Is this verse saying "You should remain in a state of
forgiveness".....or is it relating another concept?

Second question: I noticed in LSJ there are a number of colorful
illustrations for this word's useage.  (I have BAGD and Spicq's at my
office). Are there any other clusters of potential word pictures or
illustrations to help one understand this crucial concept?

Would etymology be helpful here? (For those who read Theological French
and Theological German)

Thanks for the input.

David Bielby
Vineyard Christian Fellowship