LEH - Lexicon of the LXX

Steven Craig Miller scmiller at www.plantnet.com
Fri Nov 26 07:07:29 EST 1999

To: Clayton Stirling Bartholomew,

<< In Psalm 77:19 LS (intermediate) gives us the data we need to make sense
out of our text: "anything that runs round" or "to imitate wheels" in this
case a whirlwind. LEH, however,  fails to give us the data we need. As a
lexicon of the LXX this is a serious shortcoming. >>

This is especially glaring since LSJM cites "LXX Ps 76(77).18" and the
meaning "whirlwind."

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller at www.plantnet.com

"For the ancients, to mediate is to read a text and to learn it 'by heart'
in the fullest sense of this expression, that is, with one's whole being:
with the body, since the mouth pronounced it, with the memory which fixes
it, with the intelligence which understands its meaning, and with the will
which desires to put it into practice" (Jean Leclercq, "The Love of
Learning and the Desire for God: A Study of Monastic Culture," 1961:17).