First year grammar

Mark Gibbs GibbsM at smcsc.edu
Wed Nov 24 21:31:52 EST 1999

Greetings folks,

I (as it seems at this point) have been given the task of implementing
2
semesters of elementary Greek (100 or 200 level, with the possibility of

adding 2 more semesters later) here at SMC possibly by fall 2000.  I am
thrilled that this is the direction that may be taken and that the
administration may see the value in this...

Question:  I would like to take a survey of the B-Greek participants as
to the
recommendation for first year Greek text...

This will be biblically focused (NT) rather than classically (though not

disregarded).  I was brought up on Machen, but have had exposure to
Mounce,
Efird, and Wenham.  It has been a while since I looked at the first year

offerings.  What thinks ye?

If this has been addressed previously, please point me to the archives
as not
to bother.

Sincerely,
Mark W. Gibbs