Theodoret

Thomas Bond lpbond at coiinc.com
Fri Nov 19 14:45:09 EST 1999

This questions do not relate directly to a NT text, so I hope they are
appropriate.  I am translating from Theodoret's commentary on Philemon and
am stuck on a word -- QARHREIN.  Obviously an infinitive, this surely must
be some kind of compound word. It has a smooth breathing mark over the
first rho and a rough breathing mark over the second; it appears more than
once in the commentary.

As well,  how would you translate the opening lines from the commentary:
TWN PEPISTEUKOTWN hO PHILHMWN ETUGCANEN WN: POLIN DE EICE TAS KOLASSAS.

Lynn Bond
lpbond at coiinc.com