BAGD2

Steven Craig Miller scmiller at www.plantnet.com
Wed Nov 17 21:06:15 EST 1999

To: Nigel Hanscamp,

<< One of the tools I have found most helpful with BAGD is the production
of Zondervan's *Index to the revised BAGD* (Alsop). Is this going to also
be redone in the light of this revision? >>

I have no idea. But I do know that Danker has BAGD2 on his laptop computer,
and one would think that it would be feasible to create an index by writing
a computer program to collect the data from Danker's data base. I wonder if
perhaps the University of Chicago Press might at sometime release an
electronic version of BAGD2. If they did, it would make sense for them to
consider releasing their own index of BAGD2 as part of it.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller at www.plantnet.com

"... as most scholars have discovered, the more one learns about the area
of one's expertise, the greater is the possibility that neither time nor
publisher will be impressed" (Frederick W. Danker, "A Century of
Greco-Roman Philology," 109).