BAGD2

N & RJ Hanscamp hanscamps at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 17 17:50:28 EST 1999

Steven wrote

>I was on vacation last week and in reading last week's archives I came
>across speculations concerning BAGD2. It has now been some time since I
>heard Danker's explanation of BAGD2 at a local SBL meeting, but my
>impression was that the biggest difference between BAGD1 and BAGD2 is that
>BAGD2 is supposed to get away from merely presenting English glosses for
>Greek words and in its place present "definitions" for Greek words, based
>on modern semantics. The impression given was that this will revolutionize
>NT Greek lexicography. Danker also noted that the (then) recent German
>edition of Bauer's lexicon (by Aland, I think) failed to included BAGD's
>many improvements and thus German students really need to use BAGD's
>English translation.

One of the tools I have found most helpful with BAGD is the production of
zondervan's *Index to the revised BAGD* (Alsop).  Is this going to also be
redone in the light of this revision?

Nigel
Nigel Hanscamp
Trinity Methodist Theological College
Auckland Consortium of Theological Education, New Zealand
Email: hanscamps at paradise.net.nz