hpx-leg in Colossians

Steven Craig Miller scmiller at www.plantnet.com
Wed Nov 17 18:19:22 EST 1999

To: Robert Piorewicz,

<< 1. I read in one commentary that in this letter there are 34 hpx leg NT.
I now only about 6.  Can somebody send me a list of these words or a hint
when I can find it. >>

See the ICC commentary by T. K. Abbott (T&T Clark). They are:

AQUMEIN, AISCROLOGIA, ANEYIOS, ANTANAPLHROUN, ANTAPODOSIS, APEKDUSQAI,
APEKDUSIS, APOCRHSIS, ARESKEIA, AFEIDIA, BRABEUEIN, DOGMATIZESQAI,
DUNAMOUN, EQELOQRHSKEIA, EIRHNOPOIEIN, EMBATEUEIN, EUCARISTOS, QEOTHS,
KATABRABEUEIN, METAKINEIN, MOMFH, NOUMHNIA, hORATOS, PARHGORIA,
PIQANOLOGIA, PLHSMONH, PROAKOUEIN, PROSHLOUN, PRWTEUEIN, STEREWMA,
SULAGWGEIN, SWMATIKWS, FILOSOFIA, & CEIROGRAFOU.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller at www.plantnet.com

"The use of argumentation implies that one has renounced resorting to force
alone, that value is attached to gaining the adherence of one's
interlocutor by means of reasoned persuasion, and that one is not regarding
him [or her] as an object, but appealing to his [or her] free judgment.
Recourse to argumentation assumes the establishment of a community of
minds, which, while it lasts, excludes the use of violence" (Ch. Perelman
and L. Olbrechts-Tyteca, "The New Rhetoric: A Treatise on Argumentation," 55).