off topic: some questions on the Jewish morning and evening prayer

Steve Puluka spuluka at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 14 09:29:47 EST 1999

I have a passing familiarity with Jewish worship services from my studies of
the origins of the Eastern Christian services.  But I can't do justice to
your questions nor would I try to so on the b-greek list.

But there are some resources that I use for Jewish studies that others may
be interested in.  The main home page for the Orthodox Jewish Union contains
a lot of background information links that can help with Old Testament
studies and the development of the Torah in New Testament studies.

http://www.ou.org

The virtual Beit Midrash site is an institution in Israel that offers E-mail
classes in all manner of Jewish studies.  I subscribe to some of there
classes and they are very good.  You can search their archives from the site
and may find some of your answers there.

http://www.vbm-torah.org

I hope this helps.

Steve Puluka
Adult Education Instructor