LOGOS or REMA (was new BAGD, etc.)

Steve Long steve at allegrographics.com
Tue Nov 9 10:14:39 EST 1999

>  Also...I have been given the task of finding the difference between REMA
>and LOGOS.  With my finite mind and resources, the nearest I can figure is
>LOGOS has more to do with HOW it is stated, and REMA with WHAT is stated.
>Am I completely off here?
>    Thank you, and God bless;
>
>                           Jay

I have thought of the difference like this, LOGOS is the idea behind the
word including the spoken word and REMA is the word alone. For instance if
I say 'maroon' it brings up a color to the mind, the LOGOS is the color in
the mind as well as the word which brings it to mind. But I could also say
burgandy, mauve, dark red, carmine, etc. Each of those are REMA which bring
to mind the same LOGOS. That's my own observation, I don't have any lexical
backup for it.

Steve

Steve Long
Allegro Digital Media, Inc.

Print Host -- Order your printing online!
http://www.printhost.com/

Kinja -- What is it? You'll never know, unless you go.
http://www.kinja.com/