new BAGD, etc.

A K M Adam akm-adam at nwu.edu
Tue Nov 9 08:44:55 EST 1999

At 1:30 AM -0500 11/9/99, Jay Stigdon wrote:
> 2)  It is SUPPOSED to be a vast improvement on an already excellent
>work (Jonathan Robie)

If only the typography were improved, the new Bauer-Danker would be a
much more useful lexicon. The present edition is a catastrophe of
page design.

But it's not only the typography that's improved; the new edition
(and I don't recall how much of what I report is Fred Danker's work,
and how much is from the German edition) has thoroughly revamped and
checked all the references, has reorganized the system of
definitions, and has (in short) exorcised many demons from the past
that were haunting the present edition.

Yes, it is a *vast* improvement.

Grace and peace,
A K M Adam

--
Seabury-Western Theological Seminary
akm-adam at nwu.edu

"Violent zeal for truth hath an hundred to one odds to be either
petulancy, ambition, or pride."
J. Swift