Lexicons

Ben Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 18:47:22 EST 1999

On Mon  8 Nov 1999 (13:28:22), mmccoy7872 at cs.com wrote:
> Does anyone recommend or know of a lexicon by Bruce Metzger called
> something like Lexicon of New Testament Greek Based Upon Semantic
> Domains?

 Yes:  I have Bruce Metzger's /Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament
 Greek/, Cushing-Malloy Inc., Ann Arbor, MI, 1958. It contains:

     Part I:    Words classified according to their Frequency    pp 1-51
     Part II:   Words classified according to their Root           53-94
 Appendix I:    The Indo-European Family of Languages             95-101
 Appendix II:   Prepositions in Composition with Verbs           102-109
 Appendix III:  Table of Correlative Pronouns and Adverbs            110
 Appendix IV:   Principal Parts of Some Important Verbs          111-115
 Appendix V:    Feminine Nouns of the Second Declension          116-118

 I found it extremely useful as a study and memory aid when I was in
 Theological College.

 ERRWSQE
 Ben
--