ELPIS and PISTIS

Joe A. Friberg JoeFriberg at email.msn.com
Mon Nov 8 01:53:27 EST 1999

Without having pursued much direct study on this question, I have tended to
concur with David McKay's suggestion on the temporal distinction between
these two words (except that I have considered PISTIS as *present* focussed
rather than past focussed).  Regarding Jim West's comments, his description
of "authentic reliability" sounds more like a definition of adjectival
PISTOS rather than the nominal PISTIS.

However, let me request clarification from Jim West: would your answer have
been essentially the same regarding the contrast between the verbal forms
ELPIZW and PISTEUW??

Thanks, and God Bless!
Joe Friberg