Titus 3:1

Mark Gibbs GibbsM at smcsc.edu
Tue Nov 2 10:07:27 EST 1999

	Greetings,

	I may be displaying my ignorance here so please bear with me...

	Titus 3:1a reads:

	hUPOMIMNHiSKE AUTOUS ARCAIS EXOUSIAIS hUPOTASSESQAI

	I understand that the infinitive is serving as the direct object
of the imperative verb, but what is the relationship between the
infinitive and the 2 plural datives, if any?  With the absence of KAI
between the nouns (and I realize that the KAI appears in the majority
text, but we need not go down that path) am I totally out of line to see
the ARCAIS as somehow acting as a modifier of EKOUSIAIS (i.e., "ruling
authorities).  It just seems to me that there is more going on here than
meets the eye.

	Thanks for your insight.
	Sincerely,
	Mark