ekklesia

Lawrence May maylg at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 25 09:14:49 EDT 1999

I am new at Greek, but I see in the word. Out-called.
Kalew probably is the english word call.  We call people
on the phone for the purpose of talking to them.  We call
people to dinner for the purpose of eating.  We call pastors
to our church to teach and rule.   We use the
Latin word voca for the word "vocation."  So to me the
word ekklesia means called out of a particular group for
a special purpose.