Mark 11:22

Rod Rilea rrilea at logos.com
Wed Jul 14 16:35:25 EDT 1999

I was asked asked a question about the following passage:

Mark 11:22
KAI  APOKRIQEIS hO IHSOUS LEGEI AUTOIS ECETE PISTIN QEOU.

The question was about the phrase ECETE PISTIN QEOU in particular.  The KJV,
NIV, NRSV, NAS translates this as "Have faith in God" The question I was
asked is why is this not translated as "have the faith of God?" I am
interested in finding out why the preposition "in" is used instead of the
preposition "of" in translating the genitive in this verse?

* Email:   rrilea at logos.com         * Web:     http://www.logos.com