Question?

Micheal Palmer mwpalmer at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 29 00:06:15 EST 1999

At 2:54 AM -0000 1/29/99, Braulio Barillas wrote:
>     Dear B-Greek:       I'm interested inknowing what  king of
>pronunciation you are using when you read the Greek Text of the  NT?
>                                                                             Sin
>cerely
>
>Braulio Barillas     parakal at quetzal.net

While I use the reconstructed Attic pronunciation for reading Attic Greek
(but with stress accents rather than the pitch accents that would have been
used at that time), I strongly prefer Modern Greek pronunciation for the
New Testament material. This is a matter of personal preference, but the
Modern pronunciation sounds much more natural to me than any other for the
koine material.

Micheal W. Palmer				   mwpalmer at earthlink.net
North Carolina State University
Philosophy and Religion (New Testament)
Foreign Languages (Ancient Greek)

Visit the Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwpalmer/
You can also access my online bibliography of Greek Linguistics at
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwpalmer/bibliographies/