arsenokoite ( 1 corinthians 6:9 ) vs. arseno and koite in Leviticus

Chris Korpi Mineralogy at aol.com
Sun Jan 24 02:04:01 EST 1999

I am a new subscriber to this forum.

My question is: Is there a definitive translation of the Greek word
"arsenokoite" used by Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10?

I know that Leviticus 18:22 in the Septuigent uses the phrase "arseno" and
"koite". However, some scholars claim that Paul's compounding of the two
words can not automatically be assumed to mean "homosexual."   Furthermore,
such scholars point out that other writers of the time (both Jewish and
Greek) used other words or phrases that addressed homosexual behavior.

If possible, I would like any works that you could refer me to as well as
any enlightenment you could provide on this issue.

Thank you,

Chris Korpi
mineralogy at aol.com