Gildersleeve & the Greek NT

GregStffrd at aol.com GregStffrd at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 14:04:30 EST 1999

Paul Dixon asked:

<< >What works, if any, related particularly to the Greek NT
 >or to the LXX did Gildersleeve author (commentaries, grammars,
 >articles in journals, etc.)?  Anybody know?
 >
 >Sincere thanks,
 >
 >Paul Dixon

In the American Journal of Philology, volumes 23.1, 23.2 and 23.3 Gildersleeve
wrote a series of articles entitled, "Problems in Greek Syntax." The only
reference to the GNT that I recall, and that I located after re-reviewing the
articles this morning, is in the third article, page 17, note 1, where
reference is made Blass, the NT, and also to  Justin Martyr.

See also Gildersleeve's article in this same journal, volume 11 (1890), "On
the Article with Proper Names."

Greg Stafford