Mark 15:34

Jesse Nall jnall at alltel.net
Wed Jan 13 20:21:01 EST 1999

I am new at this, but here goes. I read somewhere in the past that Mark 15:34 should have been "My God, My God, I thank the for such speedy deliverance". If this is allowable, then it is in unity with other statements which are accredited to God saying that He will never forsake anyone that does not forsake Him. Please give the exegetical treatment to this verse or primarily to "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?". Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (KJV) jnall at alltel.net