the meaning of to teleion in 1 corinthians 13:10

Ben Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 10:06:21 EST 1999

On Mon 11 Jan 99 , j-pramudya at mailcity.com wrote:
> I do a researh for my thesis about the meaning of to teleion 1
> corinthians  13:10 and it's contibution to cessationist -
> noncessationist debate about the duration of miraculous gift.
> Is there anyone can help me to find resources for my thesis?

 Dear "Wayhu"

 An obvious place to look is Wayne Grudem, /The Gift of Prophecy in the
 New Testament and Today/, Eastbourne UK: Kingsway; and Westchester, IL:
 Crossway, 1988, pp 227-252.

 ISTM the clew is in verse 9, EK MEROUS GAR GINWSKOMEN KAI EK MEROUS
 PROPFHTEUOMEN. A solution to the Cessationist debate is apparently not
 achievable until He that is Perfect has come. Not Y2K, but J2C!  8-)

 Clearly there have been peaks and troughs in the incidence of miraculous
 events: e.g. at the times of the Exodus, the Prophetic Revolt, the coming of
 Jesus Christ, and the establishment of his church. We can expect an increase
 in such activity leading up to his Return. IMHO.

 ERRWSQE
 Ben
--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF