Counting letters

Jonathan Robie jonathan at texcel.no
Sat Jan 9 20:10:14 EST 1999

At 06:54 PM 1/9/99 -0500, Perry L. Stepp wrote:
>Jon Robie wrote:
>

>>Cool! Incidentally, I can still remember learning the frequency table for
>>English when I was in middle school:
>>
>> e t a o n r i s h d l f c m u g w p w b v k x j q z
>
>I believe that should be a "y" after "m u g".

Yes, you are right. It's a typo... I remembered it correctly and typed it
wrong.

>Cryptographers, unite!

Yep, you have me pegged. When I was in middle school I had a librarian who
would make up a new code every few days and hand me a piece of paper with a
message written in that code. For about two years I faithfully cracked each
code. I'll never forget that librarian, and I'll never forget the frequency
tables ;->

Jonathan

jonathan at texcel.no
Texcel Research