aramaic New Testament

Stevens, Charles C Charles.Stevens at unisys.com
Wed Jan 6 11:49:14 EST 1999

On Tuesday 5 January 1999 at 9:12AM, Jim West opined, regarding ancient
witnesses to the GNT:

<<>and John frag at 110)?

Yup.>>

I'd heard a date of somewhere in the late 120's or early 130's (one of
Raymond E. Brown's articles in The New Jerome Biblical Commentary; either
"Texts and Versions" or "Canonicity") for (was it?) P52, but I hadn't heard
of an earlier witness, or an earlier date, either for that scrap of
parchment or another.  What are the arguments for a date earlier than
Brown's postulation?

	-Chuck Stevens