Another question re. 2 Tim 1.12

Perry L. Stepp plstepp at flash.net
Tue Jan 5 19:59:52 EST 1999

What is the syntactical function of the infinitive FULAXAI in 2 Tim 1.12?
I'm translating it as the complement to the copula--"he is able (DUNATOS
ESTIN) to keep . . ."  Is that (complementary infinitive) the proper
terminology for what I'm seeing?

PLStepp

(The following .sig is too long, I'll only use it once--I promise!)

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan

Q. How many Talmudic Scholars does it take
to change a light bulb?

A.  R. Abiva heard from R. Millerstein, who heard from Rab
Josy, who got it from R. David, who got it from Moses,
that it would take three.

Whereupon, R. Marshmallow said that Moses said
'three' but meant 'two' since "light" has three radicals,
but the vaw in the middle separates the light from the
dark.
Q. How many deconstructionists does it take to change a
light bulb?

A. On the contrary, the NILE is the longest river
in Africa.