[AIfIA-pt] Web Accessibility Survey for Webmasters: Please Respond!

Livia Labate liv em livlab.com
Terça Julho 29 16:05:00 EDT 2003

[Em inglês]
[Mensagem convidando para a participação em uma pesquisa]

Posted on behalf of Jonathan Lazar [ JLazar em TOWSON.EDU ]

My name is Dr. Jonathan Lazar, Assistant Professor in the Department of
Computer and Information Sciences and the Center for Applied Information
Technology at Towson University in Towson, MD.  As part of my continuing
research concerning web accessibility*, I have developed a survey to
determine the attitudes of webmasters toward users with disabilities.  The
research team also includes Professor Alfreda Dudley-Sponaugle, Computer and
Information Sciences and Ms. Kisha-Dawn Greenidge, Graduate Student in the
Center for Applied Information Technology at Towson University.

Definition:
*Web accessibility - When applied to informational systems, accessibility
means that an information system is flexible enough to be utilized by
someone using alternative input and/or output methods.

If you are currently the webmaster of your website, we invite you to
participate in this study. If you do not manage your website, please pass
this e-mail to the individuals in your organization that have this
responsibility.

If you choose to participate in this study, your participation will be
absolutely anonymous.  Neither anyone reading the results of the survey, nor
the research team, will be able to identify you. To access the survey, click
on the following web address, or copy and paste it in your browser's URL
field and then press the Enter key.

    http://pages.towson.edu/adudley/Survey_webmasters.htm

When you are finished filling out the survey, click the Submit Form button
at the bottom of the screen.  At the end of the survey, you have an option
to participate in a drawing to win a cash prize.  Three respondents will be
randomly selected to receive $100 each.  To participate, you will need to
fill out personal information so that we can contact you in order to receive
the prize.

If you have any questions about the study, you may contact Professor
Dudley-Sponaugle at 410-704-4946 or adudley em towson.edu.

Thank you for your time.

J. Lazar, A. Dudley-Sponaugle, and, K. Greenidge
Deparment of Computer and Information Sciences and
Center for Applied Information Technology
Towson University