[acawiki-general] upgraded to MW 1.23 / SMW 2.0

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Sun Sep 28 00:27:36 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Exciting news, a class is using AcaWiki (see RecentChanges for some
registrations and a couple first edits). Something imagined from the
beginning but I don't think anyone carried out.

The instructor requested notifications be turned on (the Echo
extension), which required a long-put-off upgrade of the MediaWiki
install. I'm happy to have done the upgrade, but sadly Echo conflicts
with another extension used to make the input forms look nicer
(HeaderTabs) as others have noted
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Header_Tabs#Conflict_with_Echo_46846

I decided to turn off HeaderTabs and keep Echo. It doesn't look as nice,
but I personally never really liked tabbing to enter additional
~metadata anyway. If anyone has strong other preferences or wants to
suggest other ways of styling the form, please do.

There could be other bugs introduced by the upgrade; let me know if you
notice any.

Mike