xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Making XOM work with the Java 8 Stream API

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Pelle Poluha <pelle.poluha AT consid.se>
  • To: "xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Making XOM work with the Java 8 Stream API
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 07:56:54 +0000

I've been using XOM almost 10 years now and it has served me well. Lots of
things have happened in the Java world during that time, most notably Java 8
and the Stream API. Now, traversing a query result using an ordinary for loop
is clumsy in comparison. So I'm thinking about how to make XOM work with
streams. Perhaps I could create a wrapper taking Nodes and making them both
iterable and streamable? Would this be a good idea in your opinion?