xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Inserting entities directly?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Inserting entities directly?
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:33:18 +0100

> I guess I'll be transforming everything to U+FFFD.

If there's a strong need to support non-XML characters and they occur only
occasionally, then using processing instructions can be a handy solution
because it doesn't affect content without such characters, and doesn't get in
the way of validation:

<a>Some text with <?U FFFD?> special characters</a>

Michael Kay
Saxonica