xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Order of children of the document node

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Order of children of the document node
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:40:15 +0100

My current workaround is that when I reach the real element root, I do a
setRootElement(), and then if there is more than one child, I remove all the
existing children and re-insert them at the front.

I guess the other way would be, when adding a comment or PI at level 1 in the
tree, to test whether the root element has the magic fake name, and if so,
insert the new node at position N-1 where N is the number of existing
children. All seems very clumsy.

Saxonica
mike AT saxonica.com
+44 (0) 118 946 5893