xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Order of children of the document node

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: XOM API for Processing XML with Java <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Order of children of the document node
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 00:06:49 +0100

I've found that my XOM builder class is creating children of the document
node in the wrong order.

The arrival order is (PI, Comment, Element). On the tree they appear as
(Element, PI, Comment). The reason is that when the document node is created,
a fake element child is created, and when the real outermost element is
encountered, this replaces the fake element and thus appears before the PI
and Comment.

Any suggestions as to workaround? I can think of possible approaches, but
none is simple, and all make adding the children of a document node very
different from adding the children of an element node, which I would prefer
to avoid.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike AT saxonica.com