xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Code review needed

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Adam Batkin <adam AT batkin.net>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Code review needed
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 20:29:33 -0400

Does anyone happen to know a way to do this (time limit a job) in java 1.4
and earlier without creating a new thread?

With all due respect to anyone still running Java 1.4, they are probably vulnerable to more vulnerabilities (and of greater severity) than just Billion Laughs. If you are still running Java 1.4, why would you be bothered to upgrade XOM anyway?

Not that my voice carries any real weight around here, but I would vote to drop support for 1.4 unless someone presents a truly compelling reason not to.

-Adam Batkin