xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError Exception

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Adam Constabaris <adamc AT unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError Exception
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:10:34 -0400

According to the Java API documentation, IncompatibleClassChangeError is a type of LinkageError, and errors of this type generally arise from compiling your code against one version of a class and running it against another. So I would suggest you make sure the version of XOM that's on your classpath when you're compiling the code is the same as the version that's deployed into JBoss.

Classloading in JBoss (or any full-blown Java EE server, for that matter) can get pretty complex, so you may have to look in a number of places under your JBoss installation directory for XOM jars.

HTH,

AC

Check to make sure that the
Mangala wrote:
Hi,
I am running my web application on "jboss-5.0.0.CR1" with "xom-1.1" .

My code is:

try {

//read the file

Builder parser = new Builder();

configDoc = parser.build(configFile);

logger.debug("Config read: " + configDoc.toString());

} catch (ValidityException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

} catch (ParsingException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

The jsp page is throwing an exception "java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError"
at "Builder parser = new Builder()" line.
It works fine with other servers like jetty.

Please let me know what might have gone wrong or how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Mangala