xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Writing large XML documents

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Eric Wang" <jemroc AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Benson Margulies" <bim2007 AT basistech.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Writing large XML documents
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:00:18 -0500

Hi Benson, I understand that XOM is about trees, but it also provides
a streaming API for reading large XML documents. I'm currently using
that API in my application and figured it would have the complementary
ability to write large documents as well.

This sentence in the documentation hints at such a capability using
the Serializer class: "However, since this builds the entire document
in memory, it can be problematic for large documents and less
efficient than using a Serializer, which can stream the document." I
just can't figure out how it would work looking at the documentation.
So is the documentation wrong in this respect?