xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] mixed content

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson AT gmail.com>
  • To: elharo AT metalab.unc.edu
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] mixed content
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 14:49:16 +0100

On 07/10/2007, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> This exception means that at some point you tried to make an element
> its own child (or its own grandpa) or some such. That's almost certainly
> a bug, but probably not the one you think it is.
>
> Actual code would be really helpful here. I can't say more than that
> without seeing the program.

I've got a workaround, unsure if it may be helpful to add (or even if
it's optimal).

I've built a 'collector' class that builds up 'PCDATA' which may then
be collected.
This enables a progressive write (to this object) as input is parsed
which is then collected from the object when appropriate.

Works under brief testing.

regards

--
Dave Pawson