xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] mixed content

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] mixed content
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 07:13:52 -0400

Dave Pawson wrote:
Problem.
I have a string which is to be marked up with 'p' element, and
contains acronyms.

A function is called to parse the string for acronyms, recursively.

How can I build the mixed content without passing in an Element to the
function?
xom complains

Exception in thread "main" nu.xom.CycleException: Cannot add a node to itself
at nu.xom.Element.checkCycle(Element.java:1020)
at nu.xom.Element.insertionAllowed(Element.java:1001)
at nu.xom.ParentNode._insertChild(ParentNode.java:113)
at nu.xom.ParentNode.insertChild(ParentNode.java:106)
at nu.xom.ParentNode.appendChild(ParentNode.java:160)
at uphill.Markup.findAcrs(Markup.java:123)

This exception means that at some point you tried to make an element its own child (or its own grandpa) or some such. That's almost certainly a bug, but probably not the one you think it is.

Actual code would be really helpful here. I can't say more than that without seeing the program.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!