xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] How to get access to XOM ContentHandlers?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Thomas Hicks <hickst AT theriver.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] How to get access to XOM ContentHandlers?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:57:08 -0700

At 04:03 AM 8/25/2007, Elliotte wrote:
Thomas Hicks wrote:
No reply to my post....but I suppose it's my fault: I didn't
phase it as an interrogative. I really meant to ask some questions:
1) Is my analysis of the situation incorrect or incomplete?
2) Is there some other way to do this? (a workaround)?
...[snip]...

I'm a little confused abut exactly what you're trying to do.

Sigh....the problem of language...I always think I'm being sooo clear. :)

I'm trying to integrate the XOM library into existing 3rd party software.

The JDOM example I gave was just to show how the same integration
is done in JDOM. Otherwise, I don't care about JDOM.

The API of the 3rd party software expects an XMLReader containing a
ContentHandler. I need this to be an XOM ContentHandler.

Bottom line question: How to build an XMLReader containing an
XOM ContentHandler (such as nu.xom.NonVerifyingHandler)?
Is there a way to do this?

Extra (not crucial but possibly helpful) Information
-- The 3rd party software API is going to extract the SAX ContentHandler
from the given XMLReader and allow it to handle the events generated
by parsing an internally encapsulated document.

--- JDOM has already been integrated into the 3rd party library because
it allows the user to get an instance of a JDOM Content Handler:

org.jdom.input.SAXHandler sh = new SAXHandler();
XMLReader xrdr = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
xrdr.setContentHandler(sh);
xrdr.setProperty("http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler";, sh);
3rdPartyClass.exampleAPICall(xrdr);