xom-interest - [XOM-interest] 1.2 Beta 2

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] 1.2 Beta 2
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:29:58 -0400

I've uploaded XOM 1.2 beta 2 to the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

If no one notices any major problems, I'll announce it more broadly in a couple of days.

I don't think there are any API level changes or additions in this beta. This release fixes some minor glitches, and upgrades Jaxen to 1.1.1.

There's one detail I need to look at in XInclude. The base URI spec interpretation has changed somewhat since I first released XOM which affects some corner cases. Once I figure out what to do about that, I'll release 1.2 final.

One unit test is failing due to apparent bugs in Sun's VM. It should only affect people working with Japanese documents.

One unit test fails on Mac OS X only due to Apple platform bugs.

One unit test is currently failing due to a misbehaving W3C web server from where the XInclude test suite is loaded.

If you notice any other failures, please let me know.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!

  • [XOM-interest] 1.2 Beta 2, Elliotte Harold, 06/03/2007