xom-interest - [XOM-interest] ID Anchors??

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "New, Cecil (GE Infra, US)" <cecil.new AT ge.com>
  • To: "xom-interest" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] ID Anchors??
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:35:04 -0500

This is probably not the right forum for this question, please feel free
to re-direct me... really a transform question.

Below is some XML that uses a style that is proving a challenge to
query. I'd like to use xslt/xpath to keep it simple. It has attributes
of elements that point to other releated elements located elsewhere. I
have been reading to see if this construct is handled by xpath but
haven't found it yet. It resembles an HTML anchor.

In this example, the accessRefs attriubte contains "#id10" which is the
id attriubte of the <AccessForm> element below it. So I want to produce
a report showing Widget, last_mod_date, and role. It has me stumped so
far.

Thanks for any advice!

<PartRevision id="id8" name="Widget" accessRefs="#id10" >
<Description>FIREWALL, LWR - MACH</Description>
<Attributes id="id9">
<Attribute value="2005-11-23T00:26:50"
title="last_mod_date">
</Attribute>