xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Validating Against Relax NG Schemas?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz AT sonic.net>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Validating Against Relax NG Schemas?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:30:55 -0700

Wolfgang,

Thanks. Follow-ups below.

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 10:59, Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:
> RelaxNG, XOM and *SAX* can be combined via the Nux method
> nux.xom.pool.BuilderFactory.createMSVBuilder(...).
> See http://dsd.lbl.gov/nux/api/nux/xom/pool/BuilderFactory.html
>
> Example usage:

> Alternatively, RelaxNG, XOM and *StaX* can be combined via the Nux
> method nux.xom.io.StaxUtil.createBuilder(...) where XMLInputFactory
> means Woodstox StAX configured to validate against RelaxNG. See the
> woodstox documentation for examples, as well as See http://
> dsd.lbl.gov/nux/api/nux/xom/io/StaxUtil.html
>
> Example usage:

> Both SAX and StAX Builder implementations use the Sun-MSV validator
> behind the scenes.

I did also encounter Nux in my research. Beyond the fact that it uses
XOM, it was unclear its role in the landscape of XML object models
(generically speaking). Should I forgo direct use of XOM and opt for
Nux instead? What tradeoffs does it pose?

Or, more appropriately, where might I find answers to these questions?

By the way, perhaps I should mention that I plan to use eXist for XML
persistence in the system I'm building.

> Wolfgang.

Randall Schulz