xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Node.query final

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Blaine R Southam" <bsoutham AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Node.query final
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:16:51 -0600

Miachael,

I understand that breaking the interface contract is a bad thing. But how
is it that I would be breaking the interface contract? The only thing that
I'm doing is providing a different hardcoded value as the default. Rather
than using the default namespace of an empty string to the query method, I
would be providing a default of my specific namespace. It still conforms to
the XQuery/XPath specification.

-Blaine

On 9/19/06, Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com> wrote:

> It doesn't
> seem that it would be harmful to allow the method to be overriden.

>It wouldn't be harmful to allow it to be overridden by an implementation
>that fulfils the contract - that is, one which conforms to the
XQuery/XPath