xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Node.query final

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Blaine R Southam <bsoutham AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Node.query final
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:12:06 -0400

Blaine R Southam wrote:
mespaces are messed up - which is part of why I'm trying to remove
them from my user interaction. Since I'm only going to deal with a single
namespace I'm not sure why this would be a problem.

Because otherwise XPath would break pretty badly.

So I guess my question is, without overriding Node.query(string), is there
another way to "default" my namespace handling?

Sure. Just don't name your custom method query. Call it defaultQuery or sear5ch or some such.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!