xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] collections

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Romain Deltour <romain.deltour AT inrialpes.fr>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] collections
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:01:11 -0500

Romain Deltour wrote:
Hi all,

Elements and Nodes classes don't have any method to get a java.util.Collection representation of their content. Could you please tell me the reasons why this feature wasn't implemented ?

Because it's way on the wrong side of 80/20. It's simple enough to do this yourself if you need to. I'm not going to put a method in XOM for everything anyone might ever need to do.