xom-interest - [XOM-interest] collections

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Romain Deltour <romain.deltour AT inrialpes.fr>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] collections
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:58:24 +0100

Hi all,

Elements and Nodes classes don't have any method to get a java.util.Collection representation of their content. Could you please tell me the reasons why this feature wasn't implemented ?

I agree it could be overkill and even bad idea for a pure-xom application, because you just don't want to cast collections of objects everywhere and everytime. But if you want to use XOM with another model which uses the Collection API, it's painful to have to iterate through Nodes/Elements to build these collections...

Please excuse-me if I missed something, I'm very new to XOM ;)

Thanks,
Romain.