xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 5

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Aust, Stefan" <stefan.aust AT coremedia.com>
  • To: "xom-interest" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 Beta 5
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:04:18 +0100

Elliotte wrote:

> Stefan found a canonicalization bug in the last beta

I'm sorry I haven't replied earlier, but I've switched back to XOM 1.0
then and only today, I tried out 1.1b5. When replacing it with the 1.0
oder 1.1b4, my canonicalizer call hangs in some endless loop in
Node#getParent(). So, the 1.1b5 is not good and actually worse than
1.1b4.

I've not the time to nail down the problem right now, but it seems to
happen if I try to canonicalize this part XML fragment which I extracted
from a larger DOM:

<ds:SignedInfo xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#";>
<ds:CanonicalizationMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
<ds:SignatureMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#hmac-sha1"/>
</ds:SignedInfo>

If I call Element#detach() before I try to canonicalize, it works.
However, I don't think that I have to detach and reattach the XML
fragment before canonicalization. The algorithm should know the (set
of) root node(s) and should not try to look beyond that set.

Regards,

--
Stefan Matthias Aust