xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Small glitches

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Small glitches
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:21:42 -0700

Yep, this fixes it (apart from the separate Serializer.setOutputStream and fat Text issues).
Wolfgang.

On Jul 27, 2005, at 2:16 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

Both of these failures in BaseURITest should be repaired now. Both were cases where I had checked in the test case but not the fix.
One was a longstanding bug I only recently discovered involving alleged URLs that begin with a colon. The other was a very weird part of RFC 3986 involving URLs that end with /.. Previously XOM was treating http://www.example.com/test/.. as equivalent to http:// www.example.com/test/ It is now treating this as the same http:// www.example.com/ It appears that the specs are ambiguous on this point, and you're allowed to go either way, so I decided that the new behavior satisfied the principle of least surprise.

These are both extreme corner cases that are unlikely to arise in practice unless someone is being deliberately perverse.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0596007647/cafeaulaitA/ ref=nosim