xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Xom1.1b2 in Maven?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Xom1.1b2 in Maven?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:30:42 +0100

On 6/29/05, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Steve Loughran wrote:
> > Are there any plans to put Xom1.1b1 in maven? the last version there is
> > 1.1d2
> >

> I just posted a request to upload b2. It would really help if there were
> a way to fully automate the process as part of the Ant build. Currently,
> the bundling is automated (thanks to you) but I still have to manually
> upload the JAR file to my local server and then login to Jira and
> request it be uploaded to IBiblio.

There is automation in maven2 I am told; there is some stuff under way
in jakarta commons where some ant team and maven folk are
collaborating on ant/maven support for bouncycastle PGP as a precursor
to better automation/security. There is too much trust in the process
right now...anyone can submit a new jar request and they are mostly
taken on trust (mostly; if you submitted a new xerces release there
would be some name checks, i suspect).

JIRA does have some SOAP api doesnt it. hmmm.

tell you what, once i work out how, and have it stable, i'll send you
the code. The maven repository really works best once every jar you
need is on there. too bad all the sun ones, are forever off-limits,
due to their click through licenses.

> I'm not the only one who's lax. Lately I've noticed PMD isn't as up to
> date as they should be. There are probably others. The latest Jaxen beta
> seems to have gone over automatically. I wonder how they did that? Or
> maybe, someone posted a request for that and didn't tell me.

the jaxen .pom is actually troublesome; it includes everything it
needs to build, not to run. so with the new maven2 transient download
stuff, it tries to put jdom and dom4j onto the classpath, which is not
what i want. Maybe the latest maven2 beta has added the facility to
turn off transient retrieval.