xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] best way to bind java classes to xom classes?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] best way to bind java classes to xom classes?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:57:52 -0400

Steve Loughran wrote:
Now that I have refactored all my stuff to extend Xom elements, I am
encountering a new parser error on one of my test documents:

nu.xom.ParsingException: Additional namespace http://example.org/24
conflicts with existing namespace binding. at line -1, column -1.
at nu.xom.Builder.build(Builder.java:1138)

I'm not 100% sure. It's probably a bug in your code, but without a full tests case that's hard to tell. The line number where it's caught indicates that the ParsingException just wraps another exception, an XMLException. If you could unwrap that and print the nested exception's stack trace, that would tell us a little more.

On a related note, how do you print the above stack trace in the first place? Can I see those lines of code. I think ex.printStackTrace() should include the nested stack trace as well; but if it's not doing that (and it might not be) I should be able to fix that.