xom-interest - [XOM-interest] need ideas for HTML manipulation

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] need ideas for HTML manipulation
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 19:28:04 +0200

People, I need to do a bit of HTML parsing and manipulation. Originally I was planning to use my old love, Regular Expressions, but TagSoup may, in fact, be a better alternative.
Also, I am not sure which path I should follow.
XOM and XPath? NUX and XQuery?

Here are some of the things I would like to do:

should become:

some elements should be removed/detached (possibly depending on the value of some attributes).
Some attributes should be removed for all elements.

Ideas?

thanks

Luca