xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 alpha 1

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 alpha 1
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:11:47 -0800

I gather that the XSLTransform patch gets ignored again? If so, what's the rationale?
Thanks,
Wolfgang.

On Feb 20, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Elliotte Harold wrote:

I've posted alpha 1 of XOM 1.1 in the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

There are no major changes since 1.1d6. There've been a few bug fixes in XOMTestCase, and I've also done a little profiling on the test suite to get it down to about two minutes total execution time. It had been climbing upwards of five minutes, even on very fast hardware, which was excessive.

XOM 1.1 is now mostly feature complete. I may add a method or two before final release, and the API for the new parts should still be considered unstable. However, I do want to get 1.1 out sooner rather than later. I think this is the first iteration in the 1.1 cycle I will announce beyond this list, possibly as early as tomorrow.

There's definitely some optimization yet to be done, and at least one significant bug to be fixed in XPath compilation. However, all the core functionality is present, so it seems like a good time to call it an alpha, and release it.