xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Text.java path for optional builds

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Text.java path for optional builds
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:16:43 -0800

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:14:31 -0500, Elliotte Harold
<elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Steve Loughran wrote:
>

> > Gump tests xom on java1.4+1.5, and, gradually, on the gnu
> > classpath/kaffe runtime too.
>
> That's interesting. Gump doesn't run the tests, does it? Just build
> things, right? When I checked some time ago, classpath/kaffe could not
> run the XOM tests because it could not handle some of the funky
> reflection tricks JUnit uses. Possibly they've fixed that since then. I
> should try again.
>
> --

Gump will run whatever tests you enable in your gump targets; they
dont like functional ones that open up security holes, but otherwise
you can do what you want.

Kaffee gump is still fairly raw; there are tweaks being done to ant to
get the bootclasspath stuff working right, and junit itself isnt
building today: http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/

Dims is trying to get gump to run on that port of java to .net (not
J#, the other one), which will entail more changes to precursor apps,
but will provide even more unusual results.

-steve

(ps, I have write access to the gump descriptors if you want something
tweaked on the Xom settings)